Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

A Happy New Year to all my blogging friends! I didn't have to work tonight, and I stayed home. Partly, because I actually planned on working, and second I have been sick this week and didn't want to go out in below 30 degree weather...bbrr. As I saw 2010 draw to a close, I was thinking about what I should post..for I wanted to post something on New Year's Eve. First I thought about posting Resolutions? No. I don't want everyone to know what mine are...and then I not follow through. But as I thought about 2010, it was an amazing year for me. I got to see some amazing places. I have a job that I love....and I have some of the best friends in the world! I'm so very lucky. I'm excited what 2011 will bring, I hope that it will be a better year for those that found this year hard. I am hopeful. I hope to start school this January, I'm a bit nervous...but excited. I know that I need to do it. I had a experience with a friend on Facebook that was so distraught over her Nursing program...and she just wanted to be done, and just jump into a management roll. In the same breath, she knew that she would make a great nurse, but didn't want to be a CNA. I on the other hand, had to climb and am still climbing a long road ahead. But I reminded her that everyone starts at the bottom. And something else that bothered me was that I have been a CNA which in laymans terms is a certified nursing assistant for about 7 yrs. I have never regret starting at the bottom because it helps me to appreciate those that help me to become a better nurse. And as I told my friend this, I don't know if it helped. But it felt good to say. I don't know in the future, what role in nursing I would like to be in. I just know right know, I enjoy it. Yes there are alot of days I am telling myself "you got this!" or as I was thinking last night I adopted a saying I saw and the saying was" Keep Calm. And Carry On." I just need to remember these things. Did I accomplish huge goals this year? No. Did I enjoy the journey? Absolutely! And lastly, I am very proud with updating my blog...its been like a journal for me. Sometimes I may ramble about nothing. But thats Ok. And you know what? Its more than great...its my journey. I hope you have a wonderful 2011. And thanks for your comments. :)
Las Vegas fireworks are the best...forget that Ball Dropping!


No comments:

Post a Comment