Monday, August 9, 2010

Cindy's Kitchen




I had some pics, but they have since disappeared. But I want to share a couple of recipes with you. I love me some rice!! But its weird, I'm not a fan of tomato sauce or paste, but I love salsa and tomatoes. Weird huh? I've been looking for a spanish rice recipe. I tried a friend's recipe, but it was too much paste and sauce and chicken bouillon, or as I might say a salt bomb. I was at Costco a couple of weeks ago and found the El Sol salsa brand, its the best! As a single person, sometimes shopping at Costco is a challenge, well..because you buy something and its so big! So what to do with all this salsa? Here's my result-
Cindy's Spanish Rice
Makes about 4-6 servings
2 cups minute rice, or whatever you like
1 cup chicken broth (I used Albertsons but whatever)
1 cup El Sol medium Salsa
2 tbsp canned diced green chilies
1 tbsp Cumin
1/2 of a chopped onion..i'm a lover of onions, if you use more I think it would be good! Saute rice and onions in Olive Oil until the rice is light brown. Next, add the chicken broth and salsa. Bring to a boil, next add the cumin, chilies . Simmer, for 5 minutes. May need to test. I think adding green peppers would be good to. It has a mild flavor, I think its perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Certainly sounds easy enough. Angie H has a really good Mexican rice recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete