Friday, August 6, 2010

Have you read this one yet? If not, you should!


A huge shoutout to Cher! Thank you, it worked. I'm so excited to get my image up. I just finished reading Water for Elephants. Great book. This story is about a boy named Jacob Jankowski, who is in vetinary school at Cornell, in the 1930's I believe. He's in his last year of school when his parents die in a car accident. Having no family and no money, he joins a circus. The book really gives an inside glance at life in the bigtop. I heard they were making this into a movie, and I was interested to read this one, and it was a loaner from a friend. It took me awhile to get into it, and there's a couple of scenes that could have been edited. But the story did pick up for me and it was really good. 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good job on getting a pic up. I'm glad you liked this book. It was so-so for me, but mostly because it did paint a sad picture. Very interesting, though, the circus life.

    ReplyDelete