Saturday, June 4, 2011

What I learned from Oprah


I know it may sound silly, but in my blog I write things that seem important to me. I feel like Oprah was a close friend. Most of my afternoons were not complete without tuning into the Oprah show. Yes there were some shows that I chose not to watch..but Oprah had enlightened me on some life lessons, and after attending the "Master Class"   also know as the final show, I wanted to take the time to write down my notes to her final show.

1. We all have a calling. The real job in life is to figure out what that is and get about the business of doing it.  Find your passion.  It lights you up. It lets you know you are exactly where you are supposed to be and doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. Live from the heart of yourself.

2. Nobody but you, is responsible for your life.  You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself and you are responsible for the energy that you bring to others. "Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space."- Dr. Julie Taylor
"Everything you done to me,  I already done to you."- Ms. Cilly from The Colored Purple

3. There is a common thread that runs through all of our pain and all of our suffering :Unworthyness.  Not feeling worthy enough to own the life that you were created for. There is a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing you are worthy of happiness. Your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone, are enough.

4. Validation . Every single person you will ever meet, share that common desire. " Do you see me. Do you hear me? Does what I say mean anything to you?"

5. You are not alone.  Listen to the still small voice. God is real. What are the whispers in your life?

Thank You Oprah for giving us 25 years of class. To the aha moments and gratitude journals...to wishing for your favorite things. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment