Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Truffle Shuffle


So this post is about 6 months late, but who's counting?  I am a Goonie kid. Hope that doesn't age me..oh well. When I wrote the title, my mind immeadietly goes back to the boy on the porch shaking all over, if you haven't seen Goonies..I highly reccomend it. I have fond memories of my mom attempting to make candy during the Holidays which included that easy no fail fantasy fudge, oh you know, the one on the back of the marshmallow jar? It never set for her...and me neither. So, when I had the idea of making treats for my friends at christmas which included candy and christmas cookies (GASP!)..I just hoped that these would turn out. The cookies will be in a future post..I'm thinking Christmas in July? Anyway. Back to the Truffles. I thought these would be really hard, but surprisingly not. So here goes...

                                                  You need a package of these




1 8 oz pkg of this...sounds good already.

And lastly...


Place oreos in a ziploc bag, and run the rolling pin over. Its especially nice if you need to pound something, crush into fine crumbs. If you have a processor, good for you. go ahead and push that button. Mix cookies with softened cream cheese, I put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so until its workable. Next, melt your chocolate chips either in your double boiler pan, or place in microwave for about 20 seconds at a time, stirring until melted. Take about  a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and form into a little ball. A mini cookie dough scoop would work great. Dip the ball into melted chocolate and place on a pan lined with waxed  paper. You can decorate with some nuts or sprinkles. Place in freezer until set.  Makes about 2 dozen or so. I made this at Christmas, I don't remember. With this being called the Truffle Shuffle, you can change it up!

Like These?

Or how about these dipped in white chocolate?

Peanut Butter Truffles
prep time 20 min
total time 1 hr 20 min
makes 6 doz. or 18 servings, 4 truffles each

What You Need
1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Make It

MICROWAVE chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
STIR in peanut butter until well blended. Cool to room temperature. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 1 hour.
SCOOP peanut butter mixture with melon baller or teaspoon, then shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. You could roll in powdered sugar, or nuts, sprinkles, or cocoa powder or coconut...yummy!


Well, thats all for now...Enjoy. I went to the gym today, so I don't feel as guilty writing about the Truffle Shuffle.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment