Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hawaii; Kauai- Luau Kalamaku and Other Adventures!

The Mecca for an endless sea of Hawaiian Shirts and MOO-MOO'S. Just in time for the Luau. :)

I got to crack the oyster at Hilo Hattie...1, 2,3 *DING* ALOHA! I had mine made into a pearl pendant for my necklace, my new favorite jewlery.



And last, but certainly not least......WE FOUND HILO HATTIE! :D (I had been wanting to find Sister Hattie all week, LOL)





What the view looked like from my seat in the back. :)







This scenery here in Kauai is where they filmed Jurassic Park!




These are the Falls from Fantasy Island, aka Wailua Falls










Ahhhhh......
































Its a good thing I'm not a perfectionist. Cause I would have had a major meltdown a looong time ago! Regarding my pics...it is what it is. I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON. Don't get the cheapo camera. But I'll always remember in my mind. In the helicopter ride they were playing hawaiian music through the headphones. And as we were going over the beautiful scenery, and as I was in a helicopter with a family complete w mom, dad and the kids. I got a little teary as I heard Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'






"Someday I'll wish upon a star, wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where trouble melts like lemon drops, high above the chimney tops thats where you'll find me. Oh....Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly. And the dream that you dare to, why oh why, can't I?"





I felt my parents with me. I wish they were with me physically, but I felt there presence with me. And thats all that matters. If my pictures were bad, I don't mind, because I know how I felt.



And that would be awestruck at our Father in Heaven's hand as I look at all of the beautiful creations. It is Paradise!







And I'm taking off!!!!!








Feelin' sick...but super excited to go up in the helicopter!








My helicopter.


READY!!!!












Holy Cow. :O







See that little dock back in the trees? Thats where Andrea jumped off and started her zipline!!!!!





Harnessed and feet on the ground!















Fern Grotto....isn't this beautiful?

These guys are probably the same ones that seranaded Nancy...LOL. This will have to do.

Oh my goodness, my trip is nearing the end! We have had the most amazing experiences in The Hawaiian Islands. I know I was thinking it was all so beautiful and a dream! I was also thinking to myself...ok, were is the ghetto in Hawaii? I know, that's just terrible. Well, anyways..back to my blog. Kauai was a busy day for us. This was the day that we had all split up. Nancy was going to the Fern Grotto. And this is where in Blue Hawaii where Elvis starts singing the Hawaiian Wedding Song " This is the moment...Ke e a amo? " Well, I know that Andrea and I were serranading Nancy all week with that. I'm pretty sure she was sick of us singing this by the end of the trip, LOL. Drea was going on the Treetop Ziplining...and I got to do something that I always dreamed of....I'M RIDING A HELICOPTER!!!! EEEEEE! :) I have prepared well, I've taken a ten minute ride over the exotic land of Parowan UT, LOL. Herare some pics of our adventures! MAHALO!



Andrea going down the zipline!







No comments:

Post a Comment