Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Weekend

I'm out of order, oh well. Saturday I clocked my 2 miles, just in time for......
Where I saw Ryan Starr, and my Favorite Band of the moment, Plain White T's!!


I tried the frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity for the first time, among other things...see I needed to prepare! ;)



Friday night, I decided to be adventerous and try to attend this without a ticket. They were sold out. It was a gamble for Time Out
I found a line at Cashman similar to this one, LOL. It didn't look good at first, and then I went from no tickets to three tickets. But I took the one from Sister Langkilde. THANK YOU!!
Dallyan Bayes, he has toured with Phantom of the Opera. He was on the Time Out
tour, just amazing.


Ardeth Kapp's talk gave me some hope and joy!
This is John Bytheway and Brad Wilcox

And I sat three rows in back of these guys!!!! Oh, yes I did..... AAAGH! :) Me and Alison were up in the balcony, I was just happy to be inside. All of a sudden, I see people waiving, I didn't know who they were waiving to...then I waived me?? Thank you Sister Bergstrom and Sister Lupton!Yup... My friends from the Palmhurst Ward were on the second row!! They had two seats. I'm one lucky girl. John Bytheway spoke on Friday, and he talked about being delightful. And it was delightful.




And lastly, I made a DINNER IN A PUMPKIN!
And you can too, here's the recipe.

What you need-


A medium pumpkin

1/2 a large or 1 sm onion chopped
1 pkg celery chopped
1 sm can mushrooms
1 can water chestnuts sliced or chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups of cooked rice
1 pkg of hamburger
2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp brown sugar. ( I didn't have this, I used terriyaki sauce instead 2tbsp. If you do this, omit brown sugar.
A pumpkin scraper would be handy!


What you do-

Cut a lid in the pumpkin. Then clean out your pumpkin, don't forget to save the seeds! This was the worst part for me, I had no pumpkin scraper, I used a fork. Eventually I got the hang of it. Now that your pumpkin is nice and clean...In large skillet combine your veggies. Saute in a little bit of oil for 2-3 minutes. Next add your hamburger, add salt and pepper or whatever seasoning you usually use. After meat is browned, drain fat. Next add your rice, soup and soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Ladle into pumpkin, top with lid and bake for 350 for an hour. Enjoy!


























1 comment:

  1. And Stake Conferene on Saturday too! Third row center. The president of the temple and Elder Duncan spoke as well as a sister from a ward. It was really good. Elder Duncan focusced his talk on the Rescue. I didn't get to make it to Sunday, but I payed a nursing visit to a friend of mine who broke her ankle..oh it looked terrible! So I helped in a Rescue some sort. :)

    ReplyDelete