Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sharing Time- Chilaquiles

I love a good recipe . Especially when it comes from a friend. What is Chilaquiles? It's a casserole that comes from Mexico . My friend Patty shared this with me. It uses old tortillas corn or flour, red sauce eggs and cheese. There are different variations. It tastes even better the next day. You can add chicken to this or serve with refried beans. Here is my version.

1 pkg of torn flour or corn tortillas
Vegetable oil for frying
Six or seven eggs beaten w milk
1/2cup to 1 cup salsa, pico de gallo, or red sauce.
Bacon-I baked mine, I used six-7 pieces.
Queso Fresco it's a Mexican cheese located near the crema. It is salty! You just crumble it .

First tear the tortillas and fry in vegetable oil. You want the a little crispy and golden brown. Meanwhile,you can tear up the bacon pieces you already cooked.
Next add the salsa or red sauce to your eggs and stir. Add mix to tortillas. Add bacon. You might want to turn your fire down. Cook until eggs are cooked. Add queso and enjoy! And this makes great leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment