Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Local Legends...

 Local legends. Of this kind. Growing up in Las Vegas, I went here I think one time, but it was fantastic. The old Alpine Village Restaurant.


                                                                             
A bit of nostalgia for me. I loved coming here, although I only made it one time that I remember. I'm creating this post to share some Vegas history with my fellow pinners. The Alpine Village served German food, it was a great place. These are the coveted recipes for their famous Chicken Supreme Soup and Seasoned Cottage Cheese.   Nichts zu danken. Glücklich essen!

Alpine Village Chicken Supreme Soup

2 quarts water
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons Accent
1 pound ground chicken (cooked)
1 medium onion, ground
Yellow food coloring (optional)
2 teaspoons salt
? teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
2 to 3 carrots (ground)

Roux:
1/2 cup oil
1 cup flour
Boil all soup ingredients together for about 30 minutes. To prepare the roux, heat oil until smoking; add flour and stir with a wire whisk. It should be the consistency of mashed potatoes. Add to soup and use the wire whisk to blend.
-- From Review-Journal files

ALPINE VILLAGE SEASONED COTTAGE CHEESE

2 pounds cottage cheese, small curd
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon Accent
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Mix all ingredients together and chill for several hours or overnight. Serve as a condiment or as a dip.
-- From Review-Journal files

2 comments: