Monday, March 31, 2014

Quiche Anyone?

So I'm invited next Saturday to a potluck brunch at the home of the Leflers . This has been a tradition followed up with Ladies Night that evening ☺️ We have done something for at least five years, and I love it. I love General Conference! It's time to receive counsel from Our Prophet and Apostles. We get to hear representatives of our Lord and Savior and I personally can't wait. Time to fill my lamp! You can go to www.lds.org next Saturday and Sunday and watch too. 

So I decided to make a quiche for the brunch. I love to eat quiche. But I've never made a from scratch quiche-mine usually come fromCostco or somewhere and they are pretty tasty. But I found a fairly easy recipe on Pinterest. With my own modifications.. Here we go. I am not a baker. At all. I won some Pampered Chef products  about 8 yrs ago. In it I got a beautiful cranberry stoneware pie plate. I've used it about 5 times or so.. And I've made things in it but not pie related! So here goes nothing.


Spinach Bacon Quiche- for the freezer

Ingredients

1 Pillsbury Pie Crust unrolled into pie plate (if you make awesome pie crust use yours!) unbaked
1 bag of frozen spinach thawed and drained, I sautéed w/ onion in bacon grease
1/2 pkg bacon cooked (about 5 or 6 pieces, or add a little more if you want) and crumbled
1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced cooked in bacon grease
6 eggs beaten with 1 c heavy whipping cream
1 1/2- 2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese mixed with 4 tsp flour
Dash of dry mustard
1-2 tsp of house seasoning or salt and pepper

*House Seasoing is a blend of Kosher Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder*
Ratio 1 c Kosher Salt 1/4 c Black Pepper and 1/4c Garlic Powder. Store in container or quart size Baggie lasts 6 months .

Mix shredded cheese  with flour. Spray pie plate with Pam place unrolled pie crust into pie plate and pinch or flute edges. Spread a generous layer of cheese. Next layer the bacon pieces, spinach and onions. ( If onions aren't your thing leave em out) .

Next beat eggs with cream, house seasoning and dash of mustard powder . Beat well. Pour into crust and top with more cheese. To prepare for freezing, cover pie plate with plastic first and then foil. Place in freezer. When ready to bake simply pull out and bake on 400 for about an hour.                         *Again new to this, I will post my results*



No comments:

Post a Comment