Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tender Mercies

Today is September 11th.


I have to share my own personal Tender Mercy that happened today. I really wasn't thinking too much about today. I mean, of course you stop and reflect, but not only because of tragedy. September 11th is also my parents anniversary . So today, as I went into my patient's room to help her get up, it was near 540 am/840 am est. At 847 am was the first strike. She told me her personal connection with 9/11. We both barely passed French class, and she was the student of the French teacher, Barbara Edwards, who was on the plane that crashed into the Pentagon. And also, her aunt was working in the World Trade Center . In the twelve years since that awful day, I have never met anyone with a personal connection before. And as we were talking about this the time approached. It was special. Also as we finished she was flipping through the tv and she was so happy a certain tv station was on with her favorite tv programs- In the heat of the night, and Walker, Texas Ranger.  Silly, I know but my heart warmed.. knowing those were my mom's shows :). So that's all. It's one of the many reasons I love to blog, for moments like these.


Happy Anniversary-42 years. Love and Miss you both, everyday.

1 comment: