Sunday, October 9, 2011

She let herself go...

I did a first I think. I'm on my first trip by myself! To visit friends and to just get away from everything and just relax by myself. I think it is very needed. To Salt Lake I went. To see some old friends, to partake in the blessings of attending the temple and just to be in one of  my favorite places. Some would think it would be lonely to travel on your own...sometimes I would agree. But sometimes you need time by yourself to think and reflect.  So with that in mind....

What does one do in Salt Lake City?
        You get to hang in Temple Square...
                    Another with water....
 And a reflection in water...I like this alot.
                Taking time to notice flowers.... :)
                                          Conference Center...I parked in the monstrosity of a parking garage!


I got to spend time with Adam and Stephanie...and I got to go to the temple.  I love going, I feel so peaceful. I can let my problems go and its ok. After we went here for lunch...

   Lion House Pantry, and yes it is in a real house!
 I was sooo excited!! I got to go inside the headquarters, but not too far.

Afterwards, I went to a blood drive, for a very cute little boy...and got to see some friends that I haven't seen in AGES. I'm so glad that I was able to help donate...the phlebotomist was a former paramedic and he was right on. I'm so glad, cuz i'm a challenge. After I visited, donated...got a bit dizzy, regretted not taking pictures....after all that I was given a coupon for a Utah treat...
           It was really good, loved the lemonade. Now I know what i've been missing.
             Next I returned to my room and finished my book which was fantastic.  :)

Next day is Saturday....IKEA day!!! :)

IKEA is an experience. I had no idea what I was in for. I've heard about this place forever. Its a humongous home furnishing store, with a few extra goodies. IKEA is from Sweden. There were so many great ideas for different rooms in your house. And for the big items, you get a ticket and at the end pick it up. That kind of reminded me of Service Merchandise. The differenence is its alot more affordable because you are assembling alot of the furniture yourself. They had this ridiculous freight elevator so several carts can fit to go upstairs. And upstairs was a cafeteria of all things. We ate lunch there, and the swedish meatballs and lingonberry juice was incredible...and lastly, my treasure I found at IKEA....
 A wok for  $5 ?!! You know i'm proud...they had a kitchen gadget section my mom would have loved.
                                  Sunday morning I went to a taping of Music and the Spoken Word.

                                                          Me and Alvin. I love his suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment