Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oatmeal? :/


I hate oatmeal. I think as a baby, this probably what my mom served me every day, I don't know. I know people in colder climates, want nothing more than a piping hot bowl of wallpaper paste,        (this is how I looked at it anyway.).  So let me tell you what I bought at my local Costco...


   What did I get myself into?!!!! AAACK! This box is a 10 lb box, heaven help me. My Grandma called me at Costco, and I was being nice and asked if she needed anything. She needed oatmeal. And I did not want to shop anymore than this. Costco is enough. So...I picked this up and thought, oh I'll just share with her.  Little did I know my portion is a 5lb bag. Oh. My. Gosh.  But I made a oatmeal dish, and guess what? I actually like it. But, it makes an amt for a 9x13 pan.  I will be sharing... because its the right thing to do.  ;)

Peach Baked Oatmeal
from Fix-It and Enjoy-It Cookbook: All-Purpose, Welcome-Home Recipes
Makes 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 35 minutes
½ cup oil
4 eggs
1-1½ cups sugar, depending on your taste preference
3 cups dry rolled, or quick, oatmeal, uncooked
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pint fresh, or canned, peaches, chopped (if canned, reserve liquid)
2 cups milk
1. In large mixing bowl, combine oil, eggs, and sugar. Blend together well.
2. Add dry oats, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Blend thoroughly.
3. If using fresh peaches, stir into batter, along with 2 cups water.
If using canned peaches, drain peaches, reserving juice. Add water to peach juice to make 2 cups. Add both peaches and 2 cups liquid to batter.
4. Add milk to batter.
5. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serve warm with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment