Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sharing Time- Texas Caviar!

Have you tried some caviar? From Texas that is! I am a snacker, I LOVE this recipe. Its so pretty and healthy for you too. Super easy to make! Its good with chips, or triscuits..or even by itself. I've eaten it over salad. Enjoy, and to good health!

4 regular size tomatoes, or beefsteak tomatoes diced.
1 can of black eyed peas rinsed and drained ( I gotta feeling.... )
1 can green giant shoepeg corn ( Its white and yellow corn, hard to find..but if you can't regular corn works) drained
1 can chopped black olives
1 bunch of green onions chopped
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
1-2 cloves of minced garlic, depending on how much garlic you like!
1-2 avocados diced, squeezed with lemon juice
1 green bell pepper diced
1 8oz bottle of Wishbone italian dressing (Do NOT substitute, trust me!)
Salt and Pepper...and sugar to taste

Combine all ingredients into pretty bowl, add dressing. Mix gently. The longer it sits in the fridge, the better it is. If you wish, you can add 1-2 tsp of sugar to whither down the vinegar taste. But I never have. You're gonna love it! PS...makes alot, at least 4 cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment