Friday, September 23, 2011

Girl's Weekend.

September 7th is my friend Alison's birthday. Its also my mom's...she would have been 70. Also my mom and dad's anniversary is on September 11th. So, its not a surprise that September is a hard month. But I wanted to go celebrate my mom and my friend Alison...so road trip it is!
     Another trip through the St. George Gorge. I always love this part of my drive, but not at night.
                                         Mom would approve!!
  Our acccomodations at Seven Wives Inn. My first B&B. Its over a 100 yrs old. So cute.

I chose Seven Wives because it is a place I have always seen and wanted to stay at. Its across the street from Brigham Young's Winter Home and around the corner from the house where my mom grew up! It was really a neat place. Its pricey, so only one night spent here, but if you have four..its affordable.
We stayed in the President's House.

Add caption
                                                      
I went exploring to the other rm upstairs, we were alone at firsr, LOL.
Living rm/Bedroom #1...also check my Miche! My other purse broke :(
 Bedroom 2, the bed was so high, you might need a stepladder!

                             
     We got here nice and early...it started with I forgot to buy tickets to the show..we gotta have faith!

We killed some time taking pictures in the rain.....


I can't believe that I spaced the tickets? We went trying to see the show Little Mermaid..so we got some sandwiches from Great Harvest..and had a little picnic in the car..meanwhile the rains came down...


Peek a Boo!

Here's Allison....sideways!
 Here is Lilly and Joeleene..right after this photo, Lilly fell two steps..Oh my gosh!


After some, ice, tlc, and DoTerra Melalucca oil..thanks to Dr. Allie...we waited. She fell pretty hard,
but she was ok.  After a few hours, a miracle happened.  Right as the show started, I got the opportunity to get some really good house seats from the manager.
      Little Mermaid...here we come!!  :D
Under the Sea...there was always water on the stage, and the danceres were on rollerblades!!
I was so wowed by this water curtain! Made especially for the Little Mermaid production.

The show was so amazingly good. I saw Tarzan last year, and this topped it for me. Oh, how I love Tuachan!!
                                          Late night stop at Smiths for goodies..ahem, pickle chips!

Here is Joeleene with her selection..gotta have junk food!  :)

It was almost 1100 and there were people just hanging out at the Smith's parking lot...its an exciting time there, LOL. Me and Lilly got the guest sofa..so bedtime came not so quickly, and I had some allergy issues going on... it was fun though!


I can't get rid of this picture..oh well.

                                                     Good morning!
                                                    Cheers!
            Me and our lovely innkeeper...and homeade granola.

                                         Backyard, where they grow their own ingrdients. and....
          Grow the chickens.....:)   Thank You Seven Wives Staff...we had a fabulous time!!
                                                  This is my mom's house.....
Next stop...Brigham's house.
              I love it! Half canapy bed.
  With Sister Johnson...who comes from Boise Idaho!
   We stopped at Deseret Book...saw the temple in the distance, and some polygamists inside the store.
                With a stop at the Frostop....
                                    Zion's National Park....with some crazy rain along the way.
    Going in the first time, leads to Kanab....
  I think this was a goat, but we also saw a deer, couldn't drive and snap!

And lastly...as we left Zion, I was totally lost. Because I have never been to Kanab. So I stopped for gas and asked for directions, they told me to either go back through the park or drive around and go through Colorado City. WHAAAT??!!! We locked our doors and zipped through as fast as I could go. *No Mormons were harmed....or married.*  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment