Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25th.

.
Today is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. May we take a moment to pause and remember our heroes.  I remembered one of mine today, my Dad. Today is his birthday, he would have been 76. I feel like life for me has somehow hit fastforward. I would like to hit the rewind button. Can I please redo 19 again? Not for the things that I didn't get to say..but maybe the moments that could have been longer. Had I just had a few more heart to hearts with my Dad.  We are never truly prepared when its our parents time to go. Somedays I feel robbed. Today was the first time in a long time that I actually spent time at their grave. Not to mean I don't visit, I do. But I put the flowers down, and stand there for a couple of minutes and go. This time I actually sat on the grass and cried for 20 minutes. Thank goodness no one was around. It was kinda therapeutic. A mix of tears of sadness and joy. It was good. I guess I needed that.
 
 




I think this is one of my favorite pictures of my dad and Grandma Josie, And yes he did serve in the Navy. Happy Birthday Dad, I love you very much.


And I know I will see you again....

No comments:

Post a Comment